Wednesday 27 March 2013

Peer Comments (27/3/13)

Peer One: Reza Sazesh
Seeing as though my model was still yet to be made, Reza commented on how I was actually going to fit the tablets into my product packaging and the way in which my tablets could be distributed in a fast and efficient matter. This was a major problem in my design and I had yet to find a solution for it.

Peer Two: Anthea Friend
The size of my product needed to be small and at first I was going to make it completely cylindrical as it would copy the exact size and shape of my tablets. However after talking to a few people I came to an understanding that this doesn't really make a product stand out. Most of the previous products were cylindrical and I wanted to create something new and innovative which would attract customers who are active in the field. After this discussion I decided to change the shape of my product and this is where I came up with a new idea which would create an even more efficient and successful product. The lip of my design, which is where the tablets are dispensed, will be slightly larger then the standard drink bottle neck on the current market. This enables the user to place my product comfortability over the open top of a drink bottle and dispense a tablet into the water bottle without any wastage or hassle.

Tutor: (Simon)
We also talked about the size of my tablets and the function of my product. I had a vague idea of how it would work, but was not sure if I was heading in the right direction. Simon told me to sit down just for a few hours and think of how my product was to be used and in what way. The inner mechanics of my product doesn't need to be absolutely perfect, but it definitely needed some refinement as I had yet to state how my product would be distributed from its packaging.

What I learnt:
Although there may be a lot of problems and constraints associated with a certain project what I have realised is that there is always a solution one way or another. It may take a while to find, but if you just sit down and think of how you want your product to work and in what way, the solution is a lot easier to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment